How Eczema Creams Work and Things to Look out for when Buying an Eczema Cream
Hey Skincare lovelies!
In our previous blog post, we explained at length all the basics you need to know about eczema: what it is, its symptoms, causes and how to treat it, so in case you missed it, you can check it out here.
Eczema is a chronic skin condition and can be a challenge. The persistent irritation and redness can take a toll on both your skin and your emotional well-being. Fortunately, the world of skincare has seen remarkable advancements and eczema creams have emerged as a beacon of hope for those seeking relief.
In this blog post, we delve into the entire science behind how eczema creams work and unveil the key factors to consider when choosing the ideal eczema cream for your skin.
How Do Eczema Creams Work? - The Science Behind Eczema Creams.
Eczema creams, often referred to as “topical corticosteroids”, are a powerful blend of science and nature. At their core, these creams contain active ingredients designed to alleviate the symptoms of eczema by targeting the underlying inflammation and promoting skin healing.
This means that the most effective eczema creams are those that target the epicenter of inflammation, while also clearing eczema scars completely and restoring the skin to its original glow.
This dual action of eczema creams is a necessity and can be achieved with very few eczema creams, one of which is the Nashé beauty’s ECZEMA RELIEF MOISTURIZING CREAM.
Its dual action is a result of ingredients like:
- Olive Oil, which is packed with essential fatty acids and antioxidants. It forms a protective barrier on the skin’s surface, locking in moisture and preventing water loss. The high content of oleic acid in olive oil helps to reduce inflammation and soothe itchiness associated with eczema flare-ups. Its gentle and non-irritating nature makes it suitable for all skin types, even for sensitive and delicate eczema-prone skin. It also soothes the redness caused by eczema, acne and dryness.
- Allantoin, which is a natural compound found in certain plants and has a remarkable ability to stimulate skin cell regeneration and promote wound healing. This makes it an excellent addition to any eczema-fighting regimen. Allantoin gently exfoliates the skin’s outer layer, encouraging the shedding of dead skin cells and facilitating a smoother, healthier complexion. Allantoin also has anti-inflammatory properties which further assist in reducing redness, inflammation, and soothing the skin. It relieves irritation to reduce further scratching and protects skin from minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
Now that we know how eczema creams work, what should we consider to make the perfect eczema cream choice for our skin?
Choosing The Perfect Eczema Cream - Key Factors To Consider.
- Your Skin Type: Just as no two individuals are alike, eczema manifests differently on various skin types. Consider whether your skin is dry, oily or sensitive before choosing a cream. Creams tailored to your specific skin needs are more likely to provide effective relief. If you are not certain of your skin type, it’s always safe to purchase eczema creams which are suitable for all skin types.
- Potency: Eczema creams come in different potencies, ranging from mild to high-strength prescriptions. Consult with a dermatologist to determine the appropriate potency for your condition. Remember, stronger is not always better, and overuse of potent creams can lead to thinning of your skin.
- Moisturization: Hydration is the cornerstone of managing eczema. Seek creams that offer both immediate and long-lasting moisturization. Squalene-infused creams are particularly beneficial as squalene is a natural component of sebum, and protects the skin’s moisture barrier.
- Hypoallergenic and Dermatologist-Tested creams- to minimize the risk of adverse reactions. These products undergo rigorous assessments to ensure their safety and efficacy.
- Ingredients: The most important criteria in selecting the right eczema cream is scrutinizing its ingredients list. Opt for creams that are free from fragrances, dyes and harsh chemicals that can worsen eczema symptoms. Look for proven ingredients like colloidal oatmeal, olive oil, prebiotics and squalane, which provides soothing and moisturizing benefits.
- Reviews and Recommendations: Don’t underestimate the power of “word-of-mouth”. Seek out reviews and recommendations from people in your network who have had to deal with eczema, as their experiences can provide valuable insights into a cream’s effectiveness.
So there you have it, everything you need to navigate your journey to the perfect cream for treating eczema.
We have taken the liberty to curate a formula that meets all the requirements for an effective eczema cream. As always, our goal is to help you get quick relief from eczema, and return your skin to its original glow.
Nashé beauty’s ECZEMA RELIEF MOISTURIZING CREAM WITH PREBIOTICS AND SQUALANE is easily absorbed, enriched with extracts and nutrients that restore moisture in the skin to:
- Relieve minor skin irritation and itching due to: eczema, rashes, minor cuts, scrapes and burns, poison ivy/oak/sumac, insect bites.
- Reduce scarring due to eczema and scratching.
- Moisturize and hydrate to alleviate dryness.
- Soften skin and promotes elasticity to restore a youthful look.
At Nashé beauty we are very much concerned about catering to the skincare needs of every member of our Tribe in a manner that helps you build confidence in yourself and that’s exactly what this Eczema Relief cream does for people battling eczema.
Skin type: Eczema, Dry and Sensitive.
Colour: Off white/ Creamy
Natural scent: Unscented
Natural, Vegan, Cruelty-free
Made in Canada