Skincare Tips For Oily Skin
Oily skin can cause issues like breakouts and an oily-shiny look, but with the proper routine and products, you can have these skin concerns under control!
What Is Oily Skin?
Oily skin is the result of the overproduction of sebum from sebaceous glands. These glands are located under the skin’s surface. Sebum is an oily substance made of fats. Sebum isn’t bad since it helps protect and moisturize your skin and keep your hair shiny and healthy.
Too much sebum, however, may lead to oily skin, which can lead to clogged pores and acne. Genetics, hormonal changes, or even stress may increase sebum production.
How To Determine If You Have Oily Skin
- First, wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Allow your skin to dry for one hour without applying any products. If you feel oily on your T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) and cheeks; you have oily skin. People with oily skin type usually experience the following:
Prone to breakouts.
Makeup doesn’t stay in place.
Skincare Routine For Oily Skin.
Now we’ve established how to determine if you have oily skin and what your oily skin is easily prone to, it’s time to create a routine that would work for your unique skin. Be rest assured the tips below are healthy and all recommended products are clean, vegan, natural and cruelty-free.
- Cleanse Every Morning and Night: Cleansing can help eliminate build-up oil and excess sebum on your skin that can clog your pores. The Prime The Glow Gentle Cleanser by Nashé Beauty is a deep cleanser that floats away surface oil, dirt, dust, make-up and other impurities to leave your skin feeling fresh, clean, radiant and without drying.
- Follow Up With A Toner: Toners are effective in controlling oily skin. Toners remove any residual oils and impurities that cleansers leave behind and can help reduce the appearance of enlarged pores caused by excessive oil produced by the sebaceous glands. Check out the Nashé Beauty Soothe The Glow Hydrating Toner. It’s perfect for skin rejuvenation and pH balancing.
- Exfoliate: Using natural and cruelty-free products like Reveal The Glow Gel Exfoliant. You should exfoliate at least once a week to remove dead skin cells and clear clogged pores. Exfoliating help to regulate skin oil production and shrink large pores to a more normal size, ultimately reducing the amount of oil in your skin. However, too much exfoliation can do more harm than good. Pay attention to your skin.
Here Are Some Skincare Hacks To Manage Oily Skin.
- Moisturise Regularly: It is a huge misconception that moisturizers should not be applied to oily skin. Moisturizer is your best friend and will help maintain your skin barrier. Opt for lightweight moisturizers like Restore The Glow Anti-Ageing Day Cream for the morning routine, and Enhance The Glow Brightening Night Cream for the night routine. They will keep your skin hydrated at all times.
- Use Products That Contain Ingredients For Oil Control: Look for ingredients like Niacinamide, Salicylic acid, Hyaluronic acid, Glycolic acid and Lactic acid. They help control oil production and also hydrate the skin.
- Use A Mask: Natural facial masks are a great addition to your skincare routine. Clay masks will help to tighten pores and remove blackheads. Using a Bentonite clay base will remove toxins from your skin, giving you a wonderful natural glow. Honey masques will not only remove excess oil but will also hydrate your skin because honey acts as a humectant. It will bring in any missing moisture from your skin.
- Invest In Good Oil Control Makeup: Choose non-comedogenic makeup products that are mattifying and oil-free, so your makeup doesn’t “slide off” halfway through the day. Arm yourself with blotting papers, especially if you don’t like constantly powdering your T-zone.
- Don’t Forget Your Sunscreen: Sunscreen is an essential skincare step that you shouldn’t be missing out on. After every morning routine, Use SPF to protect your skin from harmful sun rays and sun damage.
- Check Your Diet: Cut down your intake of refined sugar, carbs and dairy foods. Such foods increase your oil production and cause breakouts. Committing to a healthier diet will significantly help in controlling oily skin
- Cut The Stress: When you are stressed, your skin reacts by producing more oil glands. So the less stress, the less oil your skin will produce. Managing the stress in your life is vital to maintaining your naturally glowing skin.
And if you’re looking for healthy, vegan and cruelty-free skincare products, visit Nashé Beauty’s website. We help women achieve the absolute best skin.
If you found this article helpful, do well to share it to help someone else. Got any questions? Feel free to drop them in the comments section below.